Light, fluffy, perfectly seasoned savoury pancakes with a subtle hint of sweetness that are packed with protein, high in fibre and just downright delicious!
The perfect way to start (end or fill) your day.
Not only do they taste all kinds of incredible but they’re all natural, made no refined flours or sugars using just 4 simple pantry staples that I bet you have on hand already and can be ready to devour in just 15 minutes!
Serve them simply as they are or with side of garlicky greens ,some crispy bacon (or smoked salmon if you’re feeling fancy) and maybe add a soft boiled egg (or two) and you my friend are in for a real treat!
However you choose to serve them you really can’t go wrong
Makes 8 fritters
Makes approx 8 – all natural, quick and easy, light and fluffy, seriously flavorful carrot and zucchini fritters
|1 1/2 cups- approx 1 large
|1/2 cup - approx 1 medium
|ground black pepper
- Place eggs into a medium size bowl and lightly whisk.
- Add coconut flour, salt and pepper whisk again to combine.
- Place your grated zucchini and carrot into a clean piece of muslin or dishcloth and twist and squeeze to ring out any excess moisture.
- Add your zucchini and carrot to your egg mix and stir to combine.
- Cook your fritters in a medium size skillet or fry pan over medium heat with a little coconut oil (or cooking fat of choice) . It’s up to you how big or small you want to make your fritters. I like mine to be on the smaller side and use a small ladle which is roughly 3 Tablespoons batter per fritter and get 8 each time. Keep in mind the bigger they are the harder they will be to flip.
- Allow your fritters to cook for 1-2 minutes, until the edges are set/nice and dry, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack while your repeat this process with remaining batter.
- Serve hot or cold with as many or few extras as your heart (and belly) desires YUM!!!
These fritters will keep well in the fridge for up to 7 days, are 100% freezer friendly and reheat like a dream